Welcome to "The Mc Nation" Your complete Minecraft resource guide!
The Mc Nation is an online Community of Minecraft players dedicated to the exchange of ideas and information relating to all aspects of Minecraft.
  • This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Do you listen to music when you build?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Soulwatcher

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 3, 2017
Michigan
www.themcnation.com
I love listening to music when I build It puts me into what I like to call the "Gamer Zone". I block out the world and nothing in the world matters anymore. The only thing that matters is what I am building. :cwl: How about you? Do you listen to music when you build?

P.S. I listen to classic rock and hair bands. :)

ballyhara

Master Miner
Jul 15, 2017
where the weird things are
I love listening to music when I build It puts me into what I like to call the "Gamer Zone". I block out the world and nothing in the world matters anymore. The only thing that matters is what I am building. :cwl: How about you? Do you listen to music when you build?

This is so me! Usually music inspires me, and I listen to tracks depending on my mood. So, yes building with music is a must for me. Sometimes I get really into it, I become super focused, forget about my cellphone and all. I do like classic rock too, but I have to say I have a very open taste for music, so as long as I like what I'm hearing that is good for me.

Mariana

Master Miner
Jul 13, 2017
Yes! I really like to listen to music while building. In some games, music distracts me but in Minecraft, it's the opposite. Is it like it inspires me more? I build way more focused and better if I have a tune playing on in the background.

What classic rock bands do you listen to btw? My favorites to listen to are AC/DC, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd.

You can find pretty nice playlists on Spotify and I just turn that on and play Minecraft. Amazing combination!

Last edited by a moderator:

giovanniiiii

Active Miner
Jul 14, 2017
I tried listening to songs while playing Minecraft but the soundtracks that the game provides is just soothing to me. Because of that I max out the volume for the music. The soundtracks just have nostalgic feel to them and I love it whenever I hear my favorite one which is called "Danny." I don't have anything against playing music outside of the game because I do that to on other games, but I think the music in Minecraft is part of the whole experience and I would not want to miss out on that.

This is the soundtrack that I am referring to.;)

wallet

Master Miner
Jul 11, 2017
I also like to listen to music when I create in Minecraft and not only. Music inspires me to write better articles or posts in my blog.
I guess that music relaxes me and makes me more creative in any domain as writing, online gaming, driving (I cannot drive if I do not have music in my car), working, etc.

Jul 28, 2017
That sounds like a great way to get inspired and block out the world. I have done this with other things I do but not with Minecraft yet. I must try it sometime and see what I can come up with. I could just listen to one of my many playlists on Pandora and be set for a couple of hours. I just need to find the time.

Soulwatcher

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 3, 2017
Michigan
www.themcnation.com
Yes! I really like to listen to music while building. In some games, music distracts me but in Minecraft, it's the opposite. It's like it inspires me more? I build way more focused and better if I have a tune playing on in the background.

What classic rock bands do you listen to btw? My favorites to listen to are AC/DC, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd.

You can find pretty nice playlists on Spotify and I just turn that on and play Minecraft. Amazing combination!
I like Jimi Hendrix, ZZ Top, Motley Crue, Guns N Roses, Def Leppard, ....... I could go on and on. There isn't too much classic rock that I don't like.

Jul 11, 2017
When I'm playing Minecraft games, I prefer minimal or no distraction. Although I'm a great music lover and music is the essence of my life but not while building. I prefer to give my full concentration to my game plan.

JoeMilford

Master Miner
Jul 13, 2017
I most definitely do. I am a big indie rocker, and i guess, truth be told, I listen to music during most any activities that I able to. My music always puts me in a good mood and keeps my thoughts and feelings fluid.

overcast

Master Miner
Jul 27, 2017
I love listening to music while doing anything on computer. I am into Electronic dance genres such as Trance, Dubstep and Ambient music. Also these days I am getting into the industrial dubstep and house music. So depending on the game or the activity the music choice definitely changes. I think trance especially the uplifting music is something I'd go for most of the time for Minecraft.

Kira

Master Miner
Jul 11, 2017
Canada
Oh yes I always listen to music whenever I build. I listen to techno and dubstep genres because I feel like it's hyping me specially if I am building. Like every time I put a block I also sync with the beat. :D Not just on Minecraft though. I vary my genre on every game. :)

Tania997

Master Miner
Jul 27, 2017
It really depends on what I'm doing. If I'm going to build something big that comes from the bottom of my heart, then I won't listen to music because I have to focus so it will be perfect. If I'm building something just to have fun or something that's not too big, then I'll listen to some relaxing music.

Marvadaum

Active Miner
Jul 11, 2017
Yes! I love listening to some rock and roll while I build! It gets me in the mood! I also like electronic genres and synth wave! Playing MC with an 80s soundtrack makes me feel extremely retro and I love it!

Jul 15, 2017
I do listen to music when I am building. However, I am bad at multitasking, I am either listening to music or building. I cannot enjoy both at a time even I do these two things at the same time.

JoeMilford

Master Miner
Jul 13, 2017

The "Gamer Zone"--I like this phrase. I recently read a theory about "front brain/back brain". Basically, it talks about how some background noise can take the pressure off of the analytical front mind so that you can be more fluid and creative. I am not sure if this is true, but I do tend to always have music o a movie on when I work, in the background, and that is part of my overall process.

Xilkozuf

Active Miner
Jul 11, 2017
Nope. I don't listen to music when I build, when I fight, when I walk, when I dig, when I craft... long story short, I don't listen to music when I play. Just the in-game music and sounds. And this is true not just for Minecraft, but any other game (or even any other activity!). I want to focus and concentrate and I can't do that if I have music in my hears.
The only times when I listen to music is when I'm bored with nothing to do, or when I'm traveling (walking, bus, car as passengers...).

JoeMilford

Master Miner
Jul 13, 2017
Nope. I don't listen to music when I build, when I fight, when I walk, when I dig, when I craft... long story short, I don't listen to music when I play. Just the in-game music and sounds. And this is true not just for Minecraft, but any other game (or even any other activity!). I want to focus and concentrate and I can't do that if I have music in my hears.
The only times when I listen to music is when I'm bored with nothing to do, or when I'm traveling (walking, bus, car as passengers...).
It's funny; I can listen to music during certain things, like gaming, but I am noticing more and more lately that when I do any kind of professional writing, I tend to make more errors or typos when I am listening to music or a podcast. This bothers me, because I really love my music, and I even sleep to music almost every night, so I have formed so potentially bad habits with it. You are right though; music can be distracting and interfere with one's focus in any potential activity.

cubo

New Miner
Oct 15, 2017
Yep!!. I prefer to listen to music while I'm building because I need inspiration and focus. Listen to music helps me to shut all my thoughts and focus my mind to do one stuff without any distraction.

Oct 14, 2017
Good choices in music! I've always been a fan of classic rock and hair metal bands myself. The 60's-80's were the golden era of rock.

But anyway, for the most part I don't really put on any of my own music while playing Minecraft. The reason is that I absolutely adore Minecraft's soundtrack. The music is so calming and really adds to the ambience, so I don't really like mixing things up too much.

The one complaint I might have is that the soundtrack is a bit sparse, and the pauses between songs last a bit longer than I'd like them to. To remedy this I sometimes play other calming soundtracks from other video games, one of my favorites being The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion's soundtrack.