Welcome to "The Mc Nation" Your complete Minecraft resource guide!
The Mc Nation is an online Community of Minecraft players dedicated to the exchange of ideas and information relating to all aspects of Minecraft.
  • This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Do you multitask while playing Minecraft?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Soulwatcher

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 3, 2017
Michigan
www.themcnation.com
I have seen a lot of people have dual monitor setup and there playing a game on one screen and watching a movie on the other screen. Don't ask me how they do it because I would be walking into trees and falling off cliffs lol. How about you? Do you multitask while playing Minecraft?

overcast

Master Miner
Jul 27, 2017
If eating and working on other household stuff qualifies then I guess I do a lot of multi task. I also some of the time bring work at home. So that's another thing about working on minecraft projects. I also some of the time minimize the games and working on social media and other stuff. I work on freelance projects so every now and then spend some time on the games as well.

Jul 11, 2017
I'm a multitasker but definitely not while playing. As I have said many times earlier, whenever I'm playing Minecraft I prefer to remain concentrated on the screen. Any kind of distraction is not at all acceptable. Things other than playing Minecraft can be coupled with watching television.

wallet

Master Miner
Jul 11, 2017
I really do, in fact when I play Minecraft I listen to music and edit some of my videos, sometimes it happens as the game to freeze and until I set the game on the route again I am watching funny videos, listen to music or watching television!

Jul 26, 2017
I don't really multitask while playing Minecraft. This is because I play games like Minecraft on a laptop. I don't play games on a pc and this means I don't have multiple screens to look at. I do have 2 laptops but I only use one and when I would playe Minecraft and watch a movie or YouTube at the same time it would be a disaster. I would fall from cliffs, walk in lava, or do something else that would get me killed in Minecraft.

JoeMilford

Master Miner
Jul 13, 2017
What a good question! I definitely multi-task pretty much ALL of the time. When i am gaming, i set time limits, and I will stop at intervals in order to go and do a chore or to check things online or to post to my blog--you name it. However, as the Youtube video I have posted below will demonstrate, I am not sure yet, at least for me, if any kind of multi-tasking, while gaming or not, is truly effective. I "feel" like i am getting a lot done when I multi-task...but am I really? Also, adding gaming it, which is an activity that can definitely distort time, can really throw a monkey wrench into your time management if you are not very motivated and self-aware!

Heatman

New Miner
Oct 19, 2017
I have seen a lot of people have dual monitor setup and there playing a game on one screen and watching a movie on the other screen. Don't ask me how they do it because I would be walking into trees and falling off cliffs lol. How about you? Do you multitask while playing Minecraft?
The moment I read this post, I couldn't help it laughing out loud and feeling guilty as charged because this is practically me 100 percent.

In fact, I live for multi tasking. I find it very much interesting to handle more than one task as a time. Some people do find this wrong while some see it as easy but both of them are actually wrong. It take one with high brain processing activity to be able to handle the stress of multi tasking.

Mariana

Master Miner
Jul 13, 2017
I do multitask sometimes but definitely not while gaming or playing Minecraft, haha. I think that's weird because the whole point of playing a game is to focus on that and not hundred other things. I really don't understand why you'd watch a movie while playing Minecraft... there's no way that you can fully focus on both things at once.

But of course, we all function differently and we are used to different things. As long as you're having fun playing then it doesn't matter :D

Oct 11, 2017
No. I need to focus on what I'm doing. I'm easily disturbed person. For example, they will be asking me about certain topic after having all the information in my mind then suddenly I mix up already. It's just like alot of ideas in my mind but once I was disturbed I get lost.

Oct 14, 2017
It's going to depend on the type of activity involved in both the multitasking and in Minecraft. For the most part, when it comes to most things in life, I try not to multitask because I feel it degrades the quality of your work when you're focused on too many things at once. I like to take things one step at a time. However, certain activities can be so mindnumbindgly dull that doing anything other than multitasking is a psychological death sentence. One of these activities is strip mining for diamonds in Minecraft. It is so incredibly boring, picking at one block after another, over and over and OVER for hours at a time. Because it doesn't require much focus and I have to do something to stop myself from going insane, I typically watch a movie, catch up on my favorite shows or listen to audio books while doing it.

Soulwatcher

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 3, 2017
Michigan
www.themcnation.com
It's going to depend on the type of activity involved in both the multitasking and in Minecraft. For the most part, when it comes to most things in life, I try not to multitask because I feel it degrades the quality of your work when you're focused on too many things at once. I like to take things one step at a time. However, certain activities can be so mindnumbindgly dull that doing anything other than multitasking is a psychological death sentence. One of these activities is strip mining for diamonds in Minecraft. It is so incredibly boring, picking at one block after another, over and over and OVER for hours at a time. Because it doesn't require much focus and I have to do something to stop myself from going insane, I typically watch a movie, catch up on my favorite shows or listen to audio books while doing it.
I have made some huge caves and I don't mind making huge caves. It's the whole strip-mining thing that I don't get when I make a cave I make then as a place that I would like to explore in real life. I firmly believe that every game should be fun and when I strip mine the game becomes a job.