• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Do you use a controller on the Windows 10 version of Minecraft?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:4)

Soulwatcher

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 3, 2017
Michigan
www.themcnation.com
For me, my favorite thing about the Windows 10 version of Minecraft is the native controller controls. I have been using a gaming controller since 1984 and when I switched to PC in 1998 I bought a controller right away. What about you? Do you use a controller on the Windows 10 version of Minecraft?

P.S. Right now I am using the Xbox One S controller for my PC and it works well with Minecraft. :D

Dec 13, 2017
No, I only use a gamepad with certain types of games ( driving, fighting and sports genres ) which practically require it. I've been using M & K too much to bother otherwise. Then again I might as well try, since I've been having some neck pain recently, to use my gamepad and see if it's more comfortable that way. Unfortunately I don't have an original XboX controller but rather some cheap PS DualShock replica so I'm not sure if I'll need third party programs to make it work.

BTW, do you think an original XboX One controller is worth the money since they are quite expensive where I live, at least compared to no-name brands ?

EDIT : How do I PM you ? I must be blind but I can't find the option

Last edited:

Soulwatcher

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 3, 2017
Michigan
www.themcnation.com
No, I only use a gamepad with certain types of games ( driving, fighting and sports genres ) which practically require it. I've been using M & K too much to bother otherwise. Then again I might as well try, since I've been having some neck pain recently, to use my gamepad and see if it's more comfortable that way. Unfortunately I don't have an original XboX controller but rather some cheap PS DualShock replica so I'm not sure if I'll need third party programs to make it work.

BTW, do you think an original XboX One controller is worth the money since they are quite expensive where I live, at least compared to no-name brands ?

EDIT : How do I PM you ? I must be blind but I can't find the option
Yes, I think the Original Xbox One controller is well worth the money. Just make sure that you get the Xbox One S version of the controller. Because it has blue-tooth and you can use it on your phone and tablet as well.

To start a PM you click on my name and click start a conversation, and I also opened a conversation with you. So please check your inbox.

SWVIII

New Miner
Dec 19, 2017
Nope. I only use a controller when playing driving or fighting games on the computer. Find it hard to work
with a controller on Minecraft. I know a very good builder that was part of Hypixel, he started building enormous
structures on Xbox and even got a well-known Youtuber to show off the build.