Welcome to "The Mc Nation" Your complete Minecraft resource guide!
The Mc Nation is an online Community of Minecraft players dedicated to the exchange of ideas and information relating to all aspects of Minecraft.
  • This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Do you use a single monitor or multiple?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:4)

Mariana

Master Miner
Jul 13, 2017
Hey guys,

I know that many gamers and business people nowadays have started using more than one monitor. I can see how handy it is since you can set it for certain things to open on the first and some on the second. However, I personally never tried using two or more. I have always been using a single monitor and I love it. But I do tab out of things all the time, haha :D

So how about you? How many monitors are you using? One, two, three?

Soulwatcher

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 3, 2017
Michigan
www.themcnation.com
Hey guys,

I know that many gamers and business people nowadays have started using more than one monitor. I can see how handy it is since you can set it for certain things to open on the first and some on the second. However, I personally never tried using two or more. I have always been using a single monitor and I love it. But I do tab out of things all the time, haha :D

I use a single 49" UHDTV (4k) TV as a monitor. It works great even though my PC is so old that it sucks for 4k. (I have the PC set to 1080P) I can do web browsing at 4k but if I try to play Minecraft at 4k I get 12~18fps lol. I do plan on playing Minecraft at native 4k with the Super Duper graphic update as soon as I get some bills paid off.

wallet

Master Miner
Jul 11, 2017
I am using only one monitor of 29'' Ultrawide, IPS, and is working fine, is big enough, I don't feel the need to have a second monitor or even more. I know there are players who are using a few monitors but I guess I am too old for this and I don't think I could pay attention to more than one monitor.

overcast

Master Miner
Jul 27, 2017
I have single Dell 19'' by 16'' inch monitor for my desktop. And my laptops screen is 15''. And that's all about the screens for me for the gaming and other usages. I think for me these are more than enough for few years. I just have to upgrade the RAM and the graphics cards now.

Mariana

Master Miner
Jul 13, 2017
I use a single 49" UHDTV (4k) TV as a monitor. It works great even though my PC is so old that it sucks for 4k. (I have the PC set to 1080P) I can do web browsing at 4k but if I try to play Minecraft at 4k I get 12~18fps lol. I do plan on playing Minecraft at native 4k with the Super Duper graphic update as soon as I get some bills paid off.
Wow, that's quite big for a monitor :D How do you find it? I always thought that if my monitor would be above around 25 inches that it would be hard to keep up with the movement of things but I never tried using anything above 23 inches which is my current monitor.

and yeah, @wallet that's how I see it as well. I couldn't focus on more than one screen especially if I'm playing a game or something similar.

ballyhara

Master Miner
Jul 15, 2017
where the weird things are
Just one! and also it's not a big modern one, just the regular Dell 19". My cousins made a really great connection to their huge LED screen, and I feel almost like being inside of the game. Unfortunately, not much time for me to play, but maybe the TV connection is an option, for those who want to play MC with a wider vision.

Tania997

Master Miner
Jul 27, 2017
I use one, I can't imagine playing anything with two, it would be confusing and pretty hard to get used to. I'm currently using a 50'' 4K TV as a monitor for my pc and my PS4, I looked into some gaming monitors but they don't look better than my TV.

SashaS

New Miner
Sep 21, 2017
One is good enough for me. I can totally see the benefit of having more but I don't really like the mess of cables that it would bring, or the black bar that goes down the middle because of the display's bezels. I'm actually currently saving up for a nice Dell UltraWide display as that is practically two monitors stuck together without the cable and bezel scenario getting in the way. I'd go for a 4K panel but those are rather expensive and I think 1440p will do just fine for gaming and general work or media. So yeah, I generally just prefer the clean, minimal aesthetic a single monitor brings. But I do understand the potential benefits of having more - it just depends on what you need really. Different strokes for different folks.

Soulwatcher

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 3, 2017
Michigan
www.themcnation.com
I am using only one monitor of 29'' Ultrawide, IPS, and is working fine, is big enough, I don't feel the need to have a second monitor or even more. I know there are players who are using a few monitors but I guess I am too old for this and I don't think I could pay attention to more than one monitor.
Sounds like a super nice monitor wallet, I have lymphedema and there is no way that I cant sit at a computer monitor for too long. That's why I have the 49" UHD 4k TV so I can sit back and look at the TV and use the computer at a distance. :)

Soulwatcher

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 3, 2017
Michigan
www.themcnation.com
Wow, that's quite big for a monitor :D How do you find it? I always thought that if my monitor would be above around 25 inches that it would be hard to keep up with the movement of things but I never tried using anything above 23 inches which is my current monitor.

and yeah, @wallet that's how I see it as well. I couldn't focus on more than one screen especially if I'm playing a game or something similar.
It's a 4K UHD TV so I can sit back a look at everything from a distance. I have been using TV's as computer screens now for the past 6+ years because of my lymphedema. The instant I sit at a computer desk my legs swell and they swell to the point of weeping if I am not careful and then I have to go to the wound clinic. I already had that experience once in my life and its one I never want to repeat so I sit with my legs up 24/7 unless I have to go somewhere.

Soulwatcher

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 3, 2017
Michigan
www.themcnation.com
I use one, I can't imagine playing anything with two, it would be confusing and pretty hard to get used to. I'm currently using a 50'' 4K TV as a monitor for my pc and my PS4, I looked into some gaming monitors but they don't look better than my TV.
I 100% agree with you 4K is not like the old 1080P monitors and TV's you could tell the difference between those two. But with a 4K UHD TV, there really isn't much of a difference between the 4k monitor and 4k TV.

Soulwatcher

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 3, 2017
Michigan
www.themcnation.com
One is good enough for me. I can totally see the benefit of having more but I don't really like the mess of cables that it would bring, or the black bar that goes down the middle because of the display's bezels. I'm actually currently saving up for a nice Dell UltraWide display as that is practically two monitors stuck together without the cable and bezel scenario getting in the way. I'd go for a 4K panel but those are rather expensive and I think 1440p will do just fine for gaming and general work or media. So yeah, I generally just prefer the clean, minimal aesthetic a single monitor brings. But I do understand the potential benefits of having more - it just depends on what you need really. Different strokes for different folks.
Ultra-wide monitors are really nice, but there are benefits to having more than one screen. You can game on one screen and look stuff up or watch a movie on the other screen while your gaming. And yes I have played with people who watch a movie why they play and it's not fun LOL. :cwl:

Nov 22, 2017
Hey guys,

As much as the usage of 2 or more monitors in playing, I wouldn't be taking such task up because it's really going to affect my focus and concentrate in the actual game that I'm playing.

Making use of one monitor affords me the opportunity to focus and get the best satisfaction in which ever game that I'm playing. Maybe at a future time, I would consider making use of more than one monitor because I'm not giving it any thought yet.

Soulwatcher

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 3, 2017
Michigan
www.themcnation.com
As much as the usage of 2 or more monitors in playing, I wouldn't be taking such task up because it's really going to affect my focus and concentrate in the actual game that I'm playing.

Making use of one monitor affords me the opportunity to focus and get the best satisfaction in which ever game that I'm playing. Maybe at a future time, I would consider making use of more than one monitor because I'm not giving it any thought yet.
Most people only game on one monitor and look stuff up on the other monitor. But I am like you ill stick to one monitor and if I need to look something up Ill alt-tab the game. I have been playing that way for the last 10+ years and I never had a single problem.

Tania997

Master Miner
Jul 27, 2017
I 100% agree with you 4K is not like the old 1080P monitors and TV's you could tell the difference between those two. But with a 4K UHD TV, there really isn't much of a difference between the 4k monitor and 4k TV.
Exactly, a TV and a monitor nowadays looks pretty much the same. The price is also similar so I don't really understand the difference. Shouldn't a monitor be less expensive? Since you usually can't watch TV on those :p

Soulwatcher

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 3, 2017
Michigan
www.themcnation.com
Exactly, a TV and a monitor nowadays looks pretty much the same. The price is also similar so I don't really understand the difference. Shouldn't a monitor be less expensive? Since you usually can't watch TV on those :p
I agree but whats funny is a 55" 4k UHDTV and a 27" 4K monitor both cost the same price. It just blows my mind how on earth does a monitor cost as much as a big screen TV. Its the same as paying $0.99 for a 2 liter and then paying $1.99 for a 20oz I just don't get it LOL! :cwl:

Nov 22, 2017
Most people only game on one monitor and look stuff up on the other monitor. But I am like you ill stick to one monitor and if I need to look something up Ill alt-tab the game. I have been playing that way for the last 10+ years and I never had a single problem.
That's exactly my point @Soulwatcher . If one is looking to getting best satisfaction from gaming, it's better to stick to playing on one monitor than getting your hands full in more than one, which would eventually leave the person in making a mess of the whole thing. This goes with the popular saying that "you can't serve two masters at once perfectly", so it's equally applicable to gaming. There is no way you can play more than one game at once or with another task running simultaneously, and be able to do it accurately.

Nov 24, 2017
Philippines
Hey guys,

Me too I used to have 1 monitor only since the beginning. I prefer to have 1 monitor because having 2 or more makes me confuse and irritated I dunno why.

Soulwatcher

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 3, 2017
Michigan
www.themcnation.com
Me too I used to have 1 monitor only since the beginning. I prefer to have 1 monitor because having 2 or more makes me confuse and irritated I dunno why.
I get confused with 2 monitors too! I can't even begin to tell you how many times I died dual boxing because I confused the two different monitors lol. :cwl: Having said that I am 43 years old now and there is no way that I need two monitors anymore because I don't have the concentration I had when I was in my early 30's.