Welcome to "The Mc Nation" Your complete Minecraft resource guide!
The Mc Nation is an online Community of Minecraft players dedicated to the exchange of ideas and information relating to all aspects of Minecraft.
  • This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Time for playing games

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:1)

Jul 11, 2017
Do you feel irritated when you cannot fetch time for playing your favorite time? There are times when we get so caught up in our daily lives that it is hard to fetch time for leisure. For me, playing online games act as a mode of relaxation. They are an all time stress buster. Usually I feel irritated when I don't get an opportunity to play my favorite game even for a short while. Does this kind of thing happen with you as well?

overcast

Master Miner
Jul 27, 2017
Definitely. That's why I have some dedicated time to play during the weekend. I don't have much time during the weekdays. Though I do play on mobile with pocket edition. If not MC then some other game. But the thing is that some games take a lot of time out of life. And for this reason I prefer to play during the weekend. And that's how my time management works out with it.

wallet

Master Miner
Jul 11, 2017
I also get irritated when I do not have time to play my favorite game, but what can I do? My job is in the first place now so my time is limited, and I cherish the little time I have to play.
Playing games online cause the stress to go away and makes us relax and forget about our problems, but we must admit that playing to much time it will cause us to be more tired than before!

Jul 11, 2017
Definitely. That's why I have some dedicated time to play during the weekend. I don't have much time during the weekdays. Though I do play on mobile with pocket edition. If not MC then some other game. But the thing is that some games take a lot of time out of life. And for this reason I prefer to play during the weekend. And that's how my time management works out with it.
It is really good that you fetch time during the weekends. Life is meant to be lived and it is very important that we spare some time so as to do things that bring us pleasure. This so called ME time is really very important.

I also make it a point to play my favorite game before going off to sleep. The time for playing varies day by day but a minimum of 15 minutes is a must.

Jul 11, 2017
Totally! And it's even harder when you were used to play daily for hours, and then you have barely 2-3 hours or maybe less to play. Unfortunately, I do need to work, and my work comes first. Definitively, I still make some space to play, but I'm so tired sometimes!
I can very well understand your state of mind. Work should always be the priority and this soon leads us with no time for playing games. Maybe, you can try to fetch time during the weekends. I agree that every weekend is overloaded with a bundle of pending work of the weekend, but fetching some time for self is also mandatory.

Mariana

Master Miner
Jul 13, 2017
Haha, yes. I think that it's because I am simply so used to playing at least a bit every day and if I don't have the time, I get very annoyed and feel weird. It's hard to explain. It doesn't have to be hours, but even something like 30 minutes makes me feel much better.

But it is hard to juggle your real life - job, partner, family, friends and then finding time to dedicate to yourself - the gaming time. A good balance is crucial.

ballyhara

Master Miner
Jul 15, 2017
where the weird things are
I can very well understand your state of mind. Work should always be the priority and this soon leads us with no time for playing games. Maybe, you can try to fetch time during the weekends. I agree that every weekend is overloaded with a bundle of pending work of the weekend, but fetching some time for self is also mandatory.
Well, in fact, that's what I'm trying to do. But as you said, I have tons of chores and errands to do on the weekends. Sometimes, I just play at night, after finishing all my regular activities. I just find myself fighting for not falling asleep while playing.

Jul 11, 2017
Well, in fact, that's what I'm trying to do. But as you said, I have tons of chores and errands to do on the weekends. Sometimes, I just play at night, after finishing all my regular activities. I just find myself fighting for not falling asleep while playing.
I can very well relate to you in this. There are times when it is really difficult to decide whether to play game or go off to sleep. No matter what I choose, I always crave for the other. This is normal human nature I guess..

ballyhara

Master Miner
Jul 15, 2017
where the weird things are
I can very well relate to you in this. There are times when it is really difficult to decide whether to play game or go off to sleep. No matter what I choose, I always crave for the other. This is normal human nature I guess..
Absolutely, this is so me! If I say... ok I'm exhausted, I need to have some rest, then I would like to be gaming. And if I stay awake and play for a couple of hours, then I say... ok don't get angry at yourself for not waking up well rested. So, that's why my gaming has to wait for the weekends, so I can have extra time for MC or whatever I'm into.

Oct 23, 2017
The work and play balance is a very important issue. There was a time I would play MC so much that I would forget to handle my tasks for the day. Fortunately for me, I do all my work on the computer so dealing with bosses and dressing up for work is not an issue. Even now I find myself missing some days of work and having to work double the next day. I am trying to train myself to push gaming to the weekends but I have to say it is not as easy as it sounds. When you have work and games all on the same device it is like torture having to choose one.

Soulwatcher

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 3, 2017
Michigan
www.themcnation.com
The work and play balance is a very important issue. There was a time I would play MC so much that I would forget to handle my tasks for the day. Fortunately for me, I do all my work on the computer so dealing with bosses and dressing up for work is not an issue. Even now I find myself missing some days of work and having to work double the next day. I am trying to train myself to push gaming to the weekends but I have to say it is not as easy as it sounds. When you have work and games all on the same device it is like torture having to choose one.
That has to suck because you need money to live and you need gaming to relax. Hopefully, you can find some sort of balance between the two. Because too much work causes stress and stress are no good for the body and causes all kinds of health problems.

Jul 11, 2017
Absolutely, this is so me! If I say... ok I'm exhausted, I need to have some rest, then I would like to be gaming. And if I stay awake and play for a couple of hours, then I say... ok don't get angry at yourself for not waking up well rested. So, that's why my gaming has to wait for the weekends, so I can have extra time for MC or whatever I'm into.
Hahaha....now I understood that I'm not alone. This kind of behavior is a normal human nature. Life is such that simple decisions can be tough. The same holds for choosing between playing games or taking a good rest. I cannot recall when was the last time I played Minecraft with nothing else hovering my mind. Being a mother and managing everything is really tough.

Soulwatcher

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 3, 2017
Michigan
www.themcnation.com
Do you feel irritated when you cannot fetch time for playing your favorite time? There are times when we get so caught up in our daily lives that it is hard to fetch time for leisure. For me, playing online games act as a mode of relaxation. They are an all time stress buster. Usually I feel irritated when I don't get an opportunity to play my favorite game even for a short while. Does this kind of thing happen with you as well?
I use to feel like that but not anymore, I have a balance in life now and I can do without play games for days now. Because my life is fulfilled with other things that bring me happiness like spending time with my wife and working on this website etc. Having said that it has taken me 4 years to get to the point of where I am at in life right now. Because I use to feen worse than a ******************** addict to play video games. And I am so grateful that part of my life is history!

Soulwatcher

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 3, 2017
Michigan
www.themcnation.com
I only wish I had a job like that when I use to work back in the day. But truth be told computers were not that popular back then. And I am seeing a pattern more and more workplaces are having their employees work from home. Because it saves them from buying equipment and it saves them office space, electricity etc. I think in the next 10+ years there are going to be more people working from home than ever before.